Brew day in Coventry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GermLish

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've been reading here for a while to find information and sources for my set up. Helped me a lot and maybe I can return the favour :thumb:

My gear so far:

Mashing/brewing
  • Ace Electric boiler
  • Electric Solar pump 12V
  • Inkbird ITC-310T Temperature controller

HLT/Sparging
  • Wilko 12L pot
  • Wilko Backing/cooling rack

Ferminting
  • Standard fermenting bucket 30l

Brew
New world Australian pale ale kit

Missing some stuff though. Need to pick it up from the royal mail depot :mad:

Just down the road from me then.. Longford me.. Nice to see other local brewers, always got the impression there isn't much of a scene around here.. (right or wrong)

Not met any homebrewer yet.

One question? do you filter use a filter?

Smells like Severn Trend Water put some water in the chorine...

Not met any homebrewer yet.

One question? do you filter use a filter?

Smells like Severn Trend Water put some water in the chorine...

I think they had a problem a few weeks back with discoloration of the water so they may have flushed the lines.

Okay, water treating is nothing for me (yet). Just bought some fridge filters.

Finished my first brew. Sadly the inkbird broke and blew the fuse. Thanks goodness it was while heating from the mash to boiling temperature, so I bypassed it.

Smelled nice and got 1052 or more (my refractometer is still in the post van getting a free tour to Cov) so bought a cheap hydrometer at wilko. Recipe said 1035. Hope the yeast gets not to stressed out. Thinking about to add some more water though. But the recipe is for 23 liter and I have 27l so something is terribly wrong with the kit.

Okay, water treating is nothing for me (yet). Just bought some fridge filters.

Finished my first brew. Sadly the inkbird broke and blew the fuse. Thanks goodness it was while heating from the mash to boiling temperature, so I bypassed it.

Smelled nice and got 1052 or more (my refractometer is still in the post van getting a free tour to Cov) so bought a cheap hydrometer at wilko. Recipe said 1035. Hope the yeast gets not to stressed out. Thinking about to add some more water though. But the recipe is for 23 liter and I have 27l so something is terribly wrong with the kit.

Hi,could you please tell me what's wrong? For the Inkbird, the one you got is ITC-310T(timer and thermostat, which you can set 6 periods of time and temperature). Please note that the max load is 2200W(10A/220V).

If the power of your brewing device is higher than this unit,please stop using it. Maybe you can use the Inkbird PID thermostat ITC-100VH+25A/40A SSR+K sensor.

Hi,could you please tell me what's wrong? For the Inkbird, the one you got is ITC-310T(timer and thermostat, which you can set 6 periods of time and temperature). Please note that the max load is 2200W(10A/220V).

If the power of your brewing device is higher than this unit,please stop using it. Maybe you can use the Inkbird PID thermostat ITC-100VH+25A/40A SSR+K sensor.

Hi,
thanks for answering. Just don't wanted to heat or cool no matter what temperature I set. Timer wasn't set. Kettle is a 1600W ACE Kettle.

Think it was just a "**** happens" error. No worries, still like the product and bought another one (for the freezer) and a PID for the Kettle with a 40A SSR (slightly oversized, but hey I'm German an need to honour my heritage of "German over-engineering" :whistle:).

Cheers

19L of best "New World Australian Pale Ale"

Sg 1052
Fg 1018
ABV 4.8-5.0% depending which online calculator I used :rolleyes:

Cold crashing for a few days before botteling/kegging.

IMG_20160717_153120.jpg

Back