Blue syphon clips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've always used the red syphon clip to clip my syphon onto the fv when racking. You know the ones:
siphon-clip-plastic-universal-size-5001-0-1401387001000.jpg

I recently found these cheap on ebay, and they only took a week to arrive.

s-l640.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/2x-Blue-Ho...r-Fit-Canes-stems/2244168889?iid=253028933131

Much better than the red ones. For a start, they are adjustable so I don't have to clip it to the top of the plastic tube attached to the sediment trap, but can clip it to the syphon itself without crushing it and reducing the flow. This means that I can adjust the height from which I syphon depending on how much sediment/debris is in the fv. Secondly, there are two of them, so I don't have to stand there holding the syphon to stop it from bending and stopping the flow. Its the height of, ermm, syphon clip technology :-?

I don't have to stand there holding the syphon to stop it from bending and stopping the flow.

I got round that by cutting a short length of tube and putting it on the inside of the curve loosely held in place with cable ties, it stops the tube kinking where it joins the solid tube and as you say reduces the flow.

Thanks, nor too bothered if they don't fit as i have an original red one i like the fact there clamp the tube so you can set the depth of the bottom of the syphon pick up tube that would be handy when bottling from my FV.

Thanks, nor too bothered if they don't fit as i have an original red one i like the fact there clamp the tube so you can set the depth of the bottom of the syphon pick up tube that would be handy when bottling from my FV.

Yes, you can fit one of them onto the neck of a DJ, but not two so I guess you'd still have to hold it or use your cable tie trick.

I thought the blue ones were just different coloured versions of the red, so you could have "His 'n' Hers"!

Does this mean all the blue ones are like this? What e-bay seller are people using?

Back