Completed RIS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

private4587

Reaction score
My RIS is just about finished fermenting after two weeks, 1 week primary 2nd week secondary. I want to put it in both monikers and bottles. Can anyone suggest priming amount using normal sugar. Can they both be batch primed from same priming bottle or should they be done separately.

I've done 2 stouts...only coopers kits but they do turn out well! First I primed with 90g of dextrose which I didn't think was enough. .the second got 130g which was better. Also have a look on the calculator.

My RIS is just about finished fermenting after two weeks, 1 week primary 2nd week secondary. I want to put it in both monikers and bottles. Can anyone suggest priming amount using normal sugar. Can they both be batch primed from same priming bottle or should they be done separately.

Depending on the FG and how long you are planning to leave it for to mature, you may consider not priming the bottles at all. It will almost certainly prime up from the residual, harder to convert sugars.

I don't recognise "monikers". Pardon my ignorance! Is this a small cask?

Depending on the FG and how long you are planning to leave it for to mature, you may consider not priming the bottles at all. It will almost certainly prime up from the residual, harder to convert sugars.

I don't recognise "monikers". Pardon my ignorance! Is this a small cask?

sorry predictive text should have said minikegs.

I put about 10% less sugar to prime to my preferred level of carbonation because of the length of time they will be in the bottle 6 months to 2 years generally!

use this :

https://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/

decide how fizzy you'd like it bases on the guidelines and take 10% off :thumb:

Latest posts

Back