Another noob saying Hi!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeastLord

Reaction score
Just to say hello. I did a few kits and some flower/fruit wines when first married but bringing up kids eclipsed all that!
They're away to the big world now so I'd like to get brewing / fermenting again.
There is a butt load of Meadowsweet nearby (Aberdeenshire) so thought I would try that along with elderberry later on.
I have the CJJ Berry book so hope that's still helpful enough!
Would like to do some beer too but not sure where to start yet?
Any advice gratefully received. I love real beer - dark nutty stuff, old peculiar on draught etc.
All the best!
Stu

Welcome to the forum,. a good place to start is Terry's kit brewing begginers thread in the kit brewing forum. :thumb:

Welcome to the forum Stu.
Like you, I used to make elderberry when I was younger. I always added some runner beans (about 30%), the old stringy ones you wouldn't want to eat, they seemed to make it fuller bodied and smoother. More like a Shiraz than a Pinot Noir - in my mind at least.. :doh:

Welcome to the forum Stu.
Like you, I used to make elderberry when I was younger. I always added some runner beans (about 30%), the old stringy ones you wouldn't want to eat, they seemed to make it fuller bodied and smoother. More like a Shiraz than a Pinot Noir - in my mind at least.. :doh:

Love elderberry wine! Though I didn't see that many of my batches as mum felt they were medicinal and 'doing her good' so was always on the cadge bless her.

Walking the lanes a few days ago it seems a good year for elderberry trees so will definitely be making that this year and adding beans! Thanks very much for the tip :thumb:

Had a delivery of homebrew stuff this morning so getting ready for the off! :smile:

Latest posts

Back