Flixon Breweries Here - Update

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flixonbrews

Reaction score
Goodness me it's seems like a long time since we last posted something up on here. We've just bottled about 30 bottles of Wilkos Mexican Cerveza, which tastes OK, but just OK.

It was �£12 so...

Couple of things we did wrong. We put brew enhancer in it, which has made it a bit too dark. Secondly, we wondered why it wasn't fizzy when we took a couple of bottles out of the fridge.

As we'd put it straight in there after bottling, it didn't prime. Didn't think of that did we?

The bottles we put at room temperature were like a typhoon. Really fizzy, and we're pleased to have got this bit right. I mean, it's alright, it's about 5% proof, and if you drop a bit of lime in, it's probably OK.

There's no off-taste, it's just not very good. We've got a �£12 Wilko's Geordie lager in, still in stage 1 fermenting, and we've had a taste of that, and it's not good. We've not bottled it up yet, but if it's ****, we'll probably tip it.

On a more positive note, we've decided to up our game with the quality of the kits we are buying. We've put a Woodforde's Nelson's Revenge in the fermenter, we've got a Solomon Grundy Merlot 7 day wine kit, and Brew UK had an offer on American Pale ale, I've just asked them if they'll extend it to today as I missed the email. Assuming we can do a deal, that will be going in soon.

The Ixon part of Flixon Breweries, has a neighbour across the road who gave us two glass demijohns that he used to use years ago, when he had his own operation set up, and he enjoyed a free bottle of Chateau de la Cul de Sac Cabernet Sauvignon for his troubles... and lived to tell the tale.

We are going to use them for small batch experimental stuff, like hooch and fruit ciders. We've not got much of the raspberry and lime cider left, but the next batches will be slightly weaker, as the stuff gets people (and us) completely cabbaged. I've seen people more lucid after taking LSD.

My mate tried one last week, supped the top off it, and said he felt dizzy and had a hot flush. He's 6 foot 4 as well, with hollow legs, so that was saying something...

Latest posts

Back