Belgian Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrameShift

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I had a Belgiam beer at a beer festival that was based on blackcurrants. I really liked it: it tasted like very strong blackcurrant cordial and had good alcohol content. Anyone have a good recipe for such a beer, please?

FrameShift said:
A couple of years ago I had a Belgiam beer at a beer festival that was based on blackcurrants. I really liked it: it tasted like very strong blackcurrant cordial and had good alcohol content. Anyone have a good recipe for such a beer, please?

It would help if you had a name for the beer/brandname?

UP

It goes something like this for that type of beer:
Make a wort with 70% pale 30% wheat , low IBU say 18 with styrian goldings, leave to cool naturally with the lid off, don't pitch any yeast leave it to start fermenting naturally,dry hop with aged hops (oxydised styrian goldings) put in an oak barrel let fermentation finish, pitch some brett, plug up and leave for about a year, then transfer into a secondary keg containing around 50g of crushed fresh blackberries per ltr, and leave for about a month with a good co2 blanket, then bottle.

It might not turn out the same but it will be better than lindemans if done properly.

UP

Thanks All. Sorry for the tardy reply, but I thought no-one had answered as I wasn't informed as I expected and only went on by chance.

Back