Sarah Hughes clone of a clone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PD

Landlord.
Reaction score
After my AG2 which although produced a brew of sorts, it didn't turn out as anticipated, I decided to brew it again this morning. After running repairs and alterations to my false bottom etc. The hlt was switched on at 0930 hours.

I've just completed the Mash, and it turned out to be a most uneventful event...very satisfying not to have any problems. I got clear running's all the way through and managed to collect 24 litres at 1.057..... :party:
Spot on for me,so I'm a happy bunny. So far.
Got a few errants to run for a while so the wort is in a bucket awaiting its boil later.
I've done it as a 19 litre brew this time so with what I've collected I should be ok with amounts after the boil

Phew !

edit 24 litres collected...... can't piddlin add up.. :oops:

Yes. Mission accomplished ! :D

All finished for 1530 but not cleaned up !
Have ended up with something that should resemble 19 litres of 6.0% abv, Sarah Hughes !

Didn't have one real set back during the day and never bothered about how long it was taking me.
Only slight problem was the split plastic pipe around the edge of the false bottom decided to uncurl itself when I warmed the pot with hot water at the start. I removed it, before I put the grains in. It needs " sewing" onto the perforated f/b with some thin wire to hold it in place...Job for tonight.

Pleased with the day....at last.

Oy've had a couple already........ its a long day.

:lol:

Glad it went well!

Sarah Hughes is on my 'to do list' as well.

she's a well liked young lady, pleasant and presumptuous, great body and head apparently.

Would love to read if anyone has actually made and drunk this brew ?

Back