Absolute beginner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Reaction score
:sick: hi all
1.My local has just pulled its last pint (yet another one to join the 20 plus a week that are closing)
2.Am a camra member
3.Visited quite a few breweries (bit of an interest in breweries,the buildings and the process)
4.Done a days brewing 'experiance' @ Sadlers in Halesowen
5.My top 3 ales (so far)
.southville hop ipa 6.5 %
.green devil ipa 6.0 %
.citra (kernel brewery) 7.3 %
6.I have an empty garage with power and mains water........and an ebay account
7. next :drink:

Then what are you waiting for ?

Welcome to the forum and one of the best hobbies going.

Welcome - get some reading done as this place is a huge myriad of information. :cheers:

The good thing is that if you do everything properly then you will soon be brewing better beer than you used to get in your pub :tongue: for a fraction of the price

hi all again ,
there are gallons of books to read , any that would be recomended ? please keep it to under half a dozen if possible
:wha: ta !

"how to brew" by Palmer - It's the main one that Americans seem to recommend and the first edition is free to read here: www.howtobrew.com

For UK books most people here will recommend the Graham Wheeler "Brew your own British Real Ale"

I'd also recommend downloading itunes (its free) and then download some "Basic Brewing Radio" podcasts. they're very interesting, again free and good to listen to whilst cooking etc...

Latest posts

Back