Apple Pear and Ginger TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Ventured out to co-op to get some milk.
Came back with Juice [emoji16]

5L batch.

3l Apple Pear and Ginger Juice. (Boiled up first as had a trace of ascorbic acid)
1l Apple Juice
1tsp citric acid

The usual tea etc.

Oh... also through a 5l batch of straight Apple on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds nice.

I did the rounds of Lidl, Tesco and Sainsbury today looking for different juices to try and was sadly disappointed. I found some Cawston Press cloudy apple and ginger that tastes really nice but at £2 per ltr is a bit too pricey.

Ventured out to co-op to get some milk.
Came back with Juice [emoji16]

5L batch.

3l Apple Pear and Ginger Juice. (Boiled up first as had a trace of ascorbic acid)
1l Apple Juice
1tsp citric acid

The usual tea etc.

Oh... also through a 5l batch of straight Apple on too.

Why boil up as ascorbic acid is vitamin C ....

Why boil up as ascorbic acid is vitamin C ....

I read on this forum in another thread that they can inhibit yeasties so didn’t take the chance.

It’s bubbling like a volcano at the moment so regardless they’re working their magic.

Is it safe to not boil ?

Sounds nice.

I did the rounds of Lidl, Tesco and Sainsbury today looking for different juices to try and was sadly disappointed. I found some Cawston Press cloudy apple and ginger that tastes really nice but at £2 per ltr is a bit too pricey.

Asda is a good option. I’ve done a nice blueberry TC using their juices.

Bottled this one up. Tastes good - ginger powering through. Lots of **** from the pear though, I’d forgotten about that !

The Apple was bottled at the same time and I’m loving the the citric acid addition, gives it a nice bite.

Going to do a 25 litre batch of the Apple.

Back