Dog turd

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep,that delightful stuff,twice in the last week has appeared on my gravel driveway,first noticed at 6.45 am by myself.
I live next to a busy road so it can't be a loose dog,I'm thinking someone with a long lead letting his canine companion use my garden for a loo.
Apart from staying up all night,buying a cctv camera or sending it to a lab for DNA then grabbing every dog off the street,any ideas?

If its a stray CCTV is going to be a waste of money and DNA testing sounds expensive so its wait up all night or -

Croft%20C3%20Concave%20Top%20(2)%20carousel.jpg

Yep,that delightful stuff,twice in the last week has appeared on my gravel driveway,first noticed at 6.45 am by myself.
I live next to a busy road so it can't be a loose dog,I'm thinking someone with a long lead letting his canine companion use my garden for a loo.
Apart from staying up all night,buying a cctv camera or sending it to a lab for DNA then grabbing every dog off the street,any ideas?

If I knew the answer, I'd probably have been up in court by now. People and their pets are my pet hate.

I live on an estate with a fiercely defended "Open Plan" policy so when a near neighbour started to build a wall around his front garden I went to see him.

After a fifteen minute conversation I was not only mollified as to why he was building the wall, I was ready to strangle an unknown dog owner for allowing his pet to take its daily **** on the man's front garden.

The lack of respect for others has become systemic within British society ... :nono: :nono:

If its a stray CCTV is going to be a waste of money and DNA testing sounds expensive so its wait up all night or -

Croft%20C3%20Concave%20Top%20(2)%20carousel.jpg

I have thought about that but the fact it's 21ft of wall I took down means the gates would be massive,and a fortune,saying that,the man with the Alsatian and Lab who walked past did ask if I would be putting gates up,I dunno,maybe he was just being polite and making a suggestion 😂
Looks like a movement activated cctv or something for me

If you know the culprit and you know the time (roughly) when they walk past I suggest that a sprinkling of ground cayenne pepper on a dry evening may be the answer!

Dogs don't like sniffing it ... :thumb:

... but it does them no permanent harm and most of them will avoid the place in the future! :whistle:

PS

On the bike I carry a water bottle that contains a mixture of vinegar and Tabasco. :thumb:

Squirted at aggressive dogs, the mixture doesn't even have to hit them before they decide to go and bite someone else! :whistle:

Plenty around who think it's acceptable to allow their animals to **** anywhere and just walk away and leave it!,wonder what their gardens are like.
Over the years i have had many custtomers who allowed their dogs to **** all over their lawns AND wonder why i wouldn't cut their grass,or they used to just shovel the **** onto the flower beds:doh:,needless to say they didn't remain customers for too long.

Is it white? Cus that's pretty rare stuff a bit like rocking oss **** ha

Plenty around who think it's acceptable to allow their animals to **** anywhere and just walk away and leave it!,wonder what their gardens are like.

Probably very clean as they let their dogs **** over everyone else's. :wink;

Is it white? Cus that's pretty rare stuff a bit like rocking oss **** ha

That takes me back, white dog **** used to be commonplace back in the day when you didn't take your dog for a last walk of the day (to empty itself) you opened the door and let it walk itself and no one picked up after them, disgusting when you think back to those times.

Last time in the North East I was out running with my dog (a lovely rescue lurcher ) in Lambton park and passed some bushes that had filled poo bags dangling from the branches,,,,,,, WTF?

I am totally at a loss why they do this? What idiotic notion is in their heads that it is better to put the poo in a bag where it will remain festering for ever. Even if they just left it it would eventually degrade. I cannot understand their reasoning,,,

Better still, If they got a stick they could easily flick it off the track into the undergrowth, job done.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39254072 Which is what I do:thumb:

Last time in the North East I was out running with my dog (a lovely rescue lurcher ) in Lambton park and passed some bushes that had filled poo bags dangling from the branches,,,,,,, WTF?

I am totally at a loss why they do this? What idiotic notion is in their heads that it is better to put the poo in a bag where it will remain festering for ever. Even if they just left it it would eventually degrade. I cannot understand their reasoning,,,

Better still, If they got a stick they could easily flick it off the track into the undergrowth, job done.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39254072 Which is what I do:thumb:
Yes this is commonplace in some areas.Someone i know of who fishes a fairly remote stretch of river constantly finds bags of **** hanging from bushes and trees:doh:
i used to work for a tennis club where there was a big open entrance(not gated) with flower beds either side.Almost every other day there were bags or a bag of poo neatly placed just inside the entrance on the flower beds!!!!!:twisted:

Back