Ye olde Corny question (no doubt) again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveg

Reaction score
Where's a good place to get Corny's from? I'm in Suffolk and have been looking (googling) around for a starter set up. Just one corny, regulator connectors etc but as I've built a Keezer/kegerator i don't need a party tap.
Everywhere I've looked have either sold out or are prohibitively expensive. Is there one available anywhere or will I have to buy the bits seperate?
Thanks in advance

I'm new to all this Corny business basically because I'm sick of bottling and was hoping for a starter set but I don't suppose it's rocket science, but I don't want to rush in and buy stuff that's no use. For instance I was reading about the length of beer line to help alleviate a lot of froth etc.

Where's a good place to get Corny's from? I'm in Suffolk and have been looking (googling) around for a starter set up. Just one corny, regulator connectors etc but as I've built a Keezer/kegerator i don't need a party tap.
Everywhere I've looked have either sold out or are prohibitively expensive. Is there one available anywhere or will I have to buy the bits seperate?
Thanks in advance

I think I payed £60 something on flee bay

They sell used good condition for around £40.
I don't use cornys so can't offer any advice though

Buy the bits separately because you might have to customise to fit your set-up. There's a list of parts required here.

Keg Kingdom £85 new ??? postage cost, thehomebrewcompany £120 new free delivery.

I cannot see Keg Kingdowm charging £35 delivery so Keg Kingdom should be the cheapest.

Keg Kingdom �£85 new ??? postage cost, thehomebrewcompany �£120 new free delivery.

I cannot see Keg Kingdowm charging �£35 delivery so Keg Kingdom should be the cheapest.

for new agreed

Unless I'm reading their web pages wrong,

Keg Kingdom new £85 for 1 keg (free shipping)

thehomebrewcompany £120 for 3 (used, free shipping)

I guess it depends if you want new or used? if you want used and three is a number you can live with, then £40 a pop is cheap.

I didn't spot the used ones as you say if you are happy with used £40 each is a good price.

vvvvvv.jpg

I went for The Malt Miller in the end. They had everything I needed in stock. I ordered 3/8 beer line but might get some 3/16 off eBay with a couple of JG reducers if I have trouble with froth. It's all making my head spin to be honest but hey I'll get there. Thanks for the replies Guys.
Keg Kingdom was "sold out, sold out, sold out, sold out"

Right, the saga continues. We've got a rather groovy beer shop called "Beautiful Beers" and luckily the owner brews his own beer and stocks pretty much everything you need homebrew wise which I didn't realise.
So, it seams like the more you read the more you get confused as they say "there's more than one way to skin a cat" so as I said earlier I ordered 3/8 beer line. Well, scratch that!! Apparently I ordered 3/16. Meanwhile I went on flea bay and ordered some 3/16 to balance the beer line and the associated JG connectors. So I've now got two lots of 3/16 beer/gas lline and a load of 3/8 JG connectors and a couple of 3/8 to 3/16 JG adapters. Anyhoo, JG do a flow control gizmo that you put inline so thanks to Beautiful beers I now have 3/8 beer/gas line and a flow control gizmo that makes my 20 metres of 3/16 obsolete!!!!! Anyway I got there in the end. Just need to find some Co2 now.

Norm is a long time trusted supplier of all things corny to the homebrewer, he sells on ebay under the handle 'normutopia' or very similar..
and generally has kegs in just checked they hold pressure with dings and all the worlds stickers n tape all over to fully reconditioned de-dinged and highly polished condition for sale priced accordingly.. any real problems and he will see you right.. all of his kegs (even the cheapest) are flushed out.. most are fully reconditoned with new orings and cleaned and come with disconnects and 3/8" beerline, Ive had a few kegs of him and have been very happy with each one, I have bought cheaper and regretted it, bases falling off , bulged lids from too much pressure and welded closed prv's are just a few of my NOT FROM Norm bargain keg 'features' Not forgetting the stench of some still with old syrup remnants or worse!! in em..

drop him an email for details of his current stocks, [email protected] you will be able to get cheaper But you will get reasonable vfm from Norm imho, its always my Norm kegs that get filled/used first..

Latest posts

Back