Out for a drive and....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came across this, I will attach a few photos,one shows the trub being rinsed out of a large FV

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

How can this guy ferment at 25 degrees,and only three days ?

Most brewery's like to get the fermentation done in 3-4 days. He probably needs to crank it up to 25c because he is using a dried yeast. The brewery's that maintain a live strain will ferment under 20c in 3 days no problem.

How can this guy ferment at 25 degrees,and only three days ?

Notty can easily handle 25C. I've had it up to 27C this summer. It's currently my summer hot weather yeast. If the OG of the beer he's making is only mid 1.040's gravity notty will easily chew through that at those temps. Cranking the heat on yeast is like turbo charging it
Last summer I did a mid - 40's OG beer (admittadly it was MJ workhorse yeast rather than notty) and iirc it chewed through the wort in 2 days

Lovely little set up they have there nice find. Here's some info from their site I found

http://www.moulinhotel.co.uk/inn/brewery.html

I know a micro brewery, they ferment in 4 days and condition for 1 week. It will never be quite as good as home brew, but larger volumes ferment and condition quicker than smaller volumes, he did explain how but I don't remember.

Everything in a brewery is rushed through much quicker than in homebrewing.
The guy's doing 1200L per week. Just think of the storage capacity he'd need if the process took 6 weeks till the beer was ready!

Also if they are using a strain they have themselves they may have acclimatised it more to brewing at that temp..

Is this in Pitlochry? I've visited and sometimes stayed there a few times before, nice food and ales

If you ferment under pressure you can ferment quickly at higher temperatures with less ester production.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Everything in a brewery is rushed through much quicker than in homebrewing.
The guy's doing 1200L per week. Just think of the storage capacity he'd need if the process took 6 weeks till the beer was ready!

Your right, it's a case of get it brewed and get it out

Latest posts

Back