BBC Pay.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supply and demand.. as long as everyone keeps listening and watching these people in their millions they will be paid like wise.

The BBC had lost its way with these sales for sure. Do they think if they paid less they wouldn't get watchable presenters? Of course they would. The exposure from being on the BBC is so much greater than any other channel you'd be a mug to pass it up for a bit more cash on ITV or Channel 5...

Supply and demand.. as long as everyone keeps listening and watching these people in their millions they will be paid like wise.

Its not really supply and demand though as it only funds the BBC but is charged for all live TV services. If you could for example get a sky subscription that has no BBC content and doesn't need a TV license (effectively making the BBC a premium package) then it would be supply and demand as the BBC would have to compete with all other channels. Instead all other channels have to fund themselves while the BBC charges you to use them.

25,000,000 license fee payers. Evans earns £2,500,000. That's ten pence for every fee payer. I deeply resent that. I feel robbed.
I've made my point and didn't even mention that he makes my flesh creep and has ginger hair. Well done, me.

Back