Teach me co2, nitrogen mix for my guiness clone please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
First of all there be some thinking "ohhh! Boy Bri on it again!" Lol
Seen a few YouTube vids and thought could I do it! That creamy head and the pour with a Guinness clone is giving me a bit of a ' me likes!' More than my fascinatation with shiny shiny SS..
So far I think a tank, new regulator and the right tap set up is as far as I've looked at!
And as I get confused with parts unless I see a link or pic and struggle til my battered brain take the info in..
This will be a ongoing learning curve and taking it slowly..not forgetting the cost lol...the jobs need to the car, MOT, road tax and bloody tv lilence had landed..
Any help links, tips etc be really apreciate it.
Like I said not going to jump in for me and tanks, fittings and my confusing of the whole setup can be daunting...as you all know specially @Fil knows lol many a PM shared with Fil til I understand and finally got there haha!
If I can get my fridge set up with corny keg, beer lines, gas hoses and tank and regulator etc I might get there with this project!
The small keg setup would be tinkered with as there's not nuff room for a single keg tank and a nitrogen tank all in one...any ideas etc.?
Off to learn more..
Apreciate you taking time, and even if a response is Brian you are a balloon knot give me a laugh!
Later all,
Bri

IMG_3988.JPG

IMG_3989.JPG

First thing to do Bri is be sure you can source the gas mix, i know over here in NI you can only get mixed pub gas from BOC who are aren't happy to deal directly with people, a local pub will be your best bet though i have no idea on cost, i know there is a wider source for mixed gases in England though. A reasonably newish pub regulator will probably be ok as most pub draught is now served with a Co2/N2 mix though Guinness is at a higher mix of N2.

Back