Apple juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
4 pack = £3:40

4 x 1litre = £3 :hmm:

a222222.PNG

I obviously missed the point? not quite 4 for £3, ...4 for £2-80 though.Screenshot_20190725-172356.png

Yes..but 55p per ltr for tesco juice is £2.80 for 4 ltrs as per tesco website..I'm still missing the point is the point, I thought it was that Sainsbury as in OP were charging more per unit for 4ltr than 1 ltr, as are Tesco..I guessed that if 1ltr was 55p then 4 ltr would probably be more...ie perhaps £3, as it was its actually £2-80 so yes its more. I never mentioned Asda..my reply was to Tesco juice @ 55p per ltt?as post 5 by @robster62.Im confused?

Last edited:
Yes..but 55p per ltr for tesco juice is £2.80 for 4 ltrs as per tesco website..I'm still missing the point is the point, I thought it was that Sainsbury as in OP were charging more per unit for 4ltr than 1 ltr, as are Tesco..I guessed that if 1ltr was 55p then 4 ltr would probably be more...ie perhaps £3, as it was its actually £2-80 so yes its more. I never mentioned Asda..my reply was to Tesco juice @ 55p per ltt?as post 5 by @robster62.Im confused?
Don't buy 4 at a time from Tesco as it will cost you more.If you buy 3 in 2 separate payments it will only cost £3.30 for 6 as opposed too £3 for 4.What a rip off.....

Not that I would condone this but? They all weigh the same so pick up the cheapest juice per litre and scan it at the self service point and put whatever juice you want in the bagging area. :rolleyes:

Mistakes can happen...easily...and you can't get done for it as they haven't trained you to use the equipment...I'm also not condoning such practice either. Just pointing out a fact.

...in fact if you put joints of beef through as cooking apples or something...it could be be because you have bad eyesight or are a technophobic person...or dishonest ..but it's easily done.
Only today I bought 10 kg of beef and 200 litres of apple juice for £1.99....(joke).

Ended up in Asda today and as a result I bought 5 litres of apple juice and though I only used 4 with added brown sugar as my oldest prefers sweet berries in flavour could anyone give directions on how to backsweeten this batch which is currently fermenting using CML yeast saved from a strawberry blonde ale.
4 litres AJ
1 teaspoon of pectolase
1 large mug of strong tea
350g soft brown sugar.

First attempt so be easy please.

Thanks

Hi @Gerryjo , you can add a little apple juice to taste to the glass, or use non fermentable canderal type sweetener.If you pour a glass before bottling, add the sweetener until the desired taste then multiply the volume to suit the bottle size. I prefer dry so never done either though.

Hi @Gerryjo , you can add a little apple juice to taste to the glass, or use non fermentable canderal type sweetener.If you pour a glass before bottling, add the sweetener until the desired taste then multiply the volume to suit the bottle size. I prefer dry so never done either though.
Cheers @DavieC for the reply.First time trying the cider and I don't even drink it but you never know:hat:

I only started drinking it a couple of years ago after a trip to Somerset.More cider there than water!

Latest posts

Back