How to get gauge too zero

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Is there a way of zeroing regulater I ran out of gas unexpectedly as I thought there was still gas as gauge was just under 600 would like to have it zeroed for my new tank if possible

DSC_0249.jpg

I think replacement is your best option, they use some very effective threadlocking on regulators so use a tight fitting spanner and a long lever to crack the seal,

OR simply paint a new Zero mark on the glass and live with it.

in my limited experience with co2 bottles the bottle side gauge reads Hi pressure till about a week or so before it runs out and the level starts to drop off.. so ypu dont get that much warning with a perfect gauge..

I think replacement is your best option, they use some very effective threadlocking on regulators so use a tight fitting spanner and a long lever to crack the seal,

OR simply paint a new Zero mark on the glass and live with it.

in my limited experience with co2 bottles the bottle side gauge reads Hi pressure till about a week or so before it runs out and the level starts to drop off.. so ypu dont get that much warning with a perfect gauge..
When tank was full only went to 800 is first co2 tank lasted a good load of kegs.. What would have happen gauge to make it not work anymore.. And also will that point be the point my tank is empty at all the time now

6-800 psi is what i read off my bottle gauge with a full bottle, and when its time for an exchange i get a week or 2's if that, notice with a steady drop off down to empty, iirc my guage dosent fully bottom out at zero either, tho unlike yours it needs a double take to check and see ;)

so i think you can rely on ANY bottle gauge movement as a strong indicator an exchange is due.

a double check is weighing the bottle pre and post use, it should show a 6-6.5kg mass difference

however a dodgy guage could?? possibly?? im on shakey ground here as im far from expert, but it could also be a source of a leak?? as to how it became damaged?? no idea, afaik they are comprised of a needle attached to a coiled/sealed copper tube that bends with different pressures moving the needle to indicate pressure on the gauge.

Latest posts

Back