My First steps to a River Cottage lifestyle (pics galore)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shooting its good to see that you are eating your quarry not a bad meal either for the price of a pellet :thumb:

Nice shooting tackleberry
tackleberry2.jpg

tackleberry.jpg

:rofl:

thanks guys :thumb:

all the months down my local target shooting range have paid off i reckon! :D

i'll only ever shoot what i plan to skin/pluck, gut, cook and eat myself. i'll never shoot something just for the sport cos i don't think that's fair.

i think the bird will have to go in the fridge. it gave it's life for me, so it's only fair that i should wait until tomorrow to get all the right ingredients to do it justice in the pot :thumb:

i'm still pondering what i'll do with it cooking wise. any suggestions are welcome of course :thumb:

i'm sure i've heard gordon ramsey rave about how good pigeon is, you might wanna look up some of his recipes if you like his style (quite often simple honest flavours with little noncing about). He's also in rearing his own critters for eating so chances are he'll have good tips for cooking fresh.

nice one! looks like a big bird to me - but i'm no expert :D

I used to do a lot of camping in scotland in my biker days, once i was with a couple of mates who caught a rabbit. one was a bit of a bush-craft type and had the critter skinned and gutted in the blink of an eye. A single deft slice somewhere and a quick spin around his head took care of the gutting!

thanks perci... i'll take a look :thumb:

it's not a big bird. it'll only serve one (me) i reckon.

swmbo just text me to say she's glad she wasn't here when i shot it and did the honours LOL... now that it's on a plate covered with cling film in the fridge she reckons she can handle it :roll: :lol:

christ... even more to choose from. thanks perci :thumb:

right, i'll knock something quick up for tonight as i've still not eaten, and ponder which recipe i'll go for tomorrow for this lovely little bird :thumb:

Your lucky stew, not every can shoot their quarry!!! spot on.

Bring on self sufficiency in all its forms and all its glory, maybe beer, veg, meat or tufo

what are you tryna prove? self sufficiency in all it's terns and meaning is to provide for one's self, that is exactly what i've done today, and what my garden will provide come harvest season. the more my garden and nature provides for myself, the less packaging and stuff goes into my bins for recycling and landfill.

no, i just don't grasp your point!?

i first answered in a light hearted way, thinking you were just kidding around... but it seems you've got a point, so, lets hear it?! ;)

Latest posts

Back