wilko 25 percent sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob-the-dog... I still got the discount at Hessle road Wilko on saturday. There are no signs up advertising the deal, but it came off at the tills fine.

Be warned: I heard from a Wilko employee that the 25% off sale is to end on the June 5th. I just ordered a couple kits off of their website for store delivery to make sure I don't miss out!

edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize that the June 5th date was made known in previous posts.

Baldilocks, thanks. I just walked in, saw the shelves, got disappointed, bought a reduced loaf and asked the cashier who said it had finished. I’ll try again.

Definitely still on Bob. I bought a pressure barrel for £18 today from the Hessle road store.

Pretty sure the sale is over now, as reported.

I went in the manchester Arndale branch today and the signs / displays were all still up. Picked up a Wherry and 2 Pale malt extract packs.

Smiled at the lady on the till and told her I'd heard (on the forum here) that the sale had ended Thursday.

She asked me if the PoS advertising signs for 25% off were still up (they were) and whether the prices on the till were before or after (they were back to pre-sale prices) and then got a colleague to put the 25% discount through "manually".

So although I got the discount, I think they will be taking the signs down whenever they get told to by whoever is supposed to be in charge at the branch.

For sure the centrally controlled price file says the sale is finally over.

Just couldn't resist one last "punt" - got many months worth of kits now, mainly Wherry and the Wilko lagers. Mainly dated quite late 2015 or 2016.

No idea about their promotional strategy - I mean, do they ever sell any homebrew stuff outside the "sales"?

I never get anything from wilcos unless they're having a sale and I'm sure unless your town doesn't have a HBS no one else dose either.
They should have a permanent sale. Although they do have three milestone kits that you can't get anywhere else sooooo.......

Wilko currently have 25% off a selected range of items, and Wilko 2 can kits @ £12.75 has anybody brewed this Wilko Golden Ale Kit 40pt and what are your thoughts?

Glad I decided not to buy anything on the website, was looking on Monday and nothing was reduced then. I was intending to get one of the iBrew 4 bottle kits at £45 but didn't bother as it was sent direct from the seller and delivery time was stated as anything between 3-28 days. I don't think home delivery for it was free even if you spent over £80. Going to place an order with AoB instead.

Got a Wilko golden ale to collect and while I was collecting I got another Wherry, caps, finings and some enhancer as the shelves were well stocked and the sale still on everything. Just over £30 for two 2can kits some enhancer and bits and bobs is great!

Just bought my self an FV and and Tom Caxton best bitter kit and saved over a fiver happy days :)

Just got the Wilko Best Bitter 2 can kit in my local branch for £5 reduced from £22 :p

The online stores doing a 20% off sale today by the looks of it. Might pop into town later and check out the instore discounts.

Just ordered Wilko Lager kit, 500g Spraymalt and 1kg Brewing Sugar for 13.50.
Same 20% at tills offer in store at Newport Branch as well.

Check dates to, my cooper stout had Oct 14 on it hopefully ok as now brewing!
Just been to wilko (West Ealing, London) and found a tin of Coopers Stout with a bbe 06/10/2014 tried to buy it anyway (at a discount of course) but they wouldn't let it go, said that its against the law to sell something that's out of date so they can't sell it to me. Shame
Why didn't they reduce the price on it before is beyond me. Would have bought it couple of weeks back when it was still fit for sale.

I guess it was already 20% off to, no store would sell it if they know it out of date. I used to work in M&s and would often find so much out of date on long life stuff.
My wife picked up mine from wilkos didnt think of date really but expect thats why they had a 20% off sale as lots to shift!

Latest posts

Back