The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad I wasn't the only one. I've had to give the last two CML brews a stir and temp rise to get them going again. But last one was like urs gunge. It still got the I'm 1.052 to 1.012 giving me a sessionable 4.9 ABV.
Maybe I'll try rehydrating the yeast next time ( like they recommend)
So far i have not had any problem with the CML yeasts.Always re hydrate all my dried yeast now,easy to do.

Give Steve your email address and correspond using this as it keeps you of messenger and still get your discount.Very nice to deal with.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Oh cool I'll do that. Cheers

My next up is looking like the Greg Hughes irish dry stout...recommended yeast is Irish ale or on the alternative page lists us 05 so I will use one of my CML us pale.

My next up is looking like the Greg Hughes irish dry stout...recommended yeast is Irish ale or on the alternative page lists us 05 so I will use one of my CML us pale.

I have that grain kit here waiting to be brewed, shall give CML US Pale yeast a try. I will have to wait three weeks for my fermentation fridge to be empty as I did Greg Hughes American IPA yesterday using US05. Wish I had got 4 packets from CML in the first place, would have saved a few quid.

I've used two packs of CML Belgian yeast and unable to get below 6Brix/1.024 from 12Brix/1.048.
In fermenter for 5 weeks and just so annoying.
Was thinking of rousing a CML Pale ale and adding to secondary which I have just transferred.Any thoughts?

I've used two packs of CML Belgian yeast and unable to get below 6Brix/1.024 from 12Brix/1.048.
In fermenter for 5 weeks and just so annoying.
Was thinking of rousing a CML Pale ale and adding to secondary which I have just transferred.Any thoughts?

That's a big shame. I was considering using the CML Belgian yeast soon as although I've got some T-58 I'm not now so sure about it after some comments I've read about it. But now I'm in two minds about the CML Belgian too!

In terms of your stuck fermentation, if you've got your Belgian yeast character out of it already and use the US pale to finish the ferment that sounds sensible enough to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a big shame. I was considering using the CML Belgian yeast soon as although I've got some T-58 I'm not now so sure about it after some comments I've read about it. But now I'm in two minds about the CML Belgian too!

In terms of your stuck fermentation, if you've got your Belgian yeast character out of it already and use the US pale to finish the ferment that sounds sensible enough to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not as yet used my CML Belgian yeasts.Will be interested to see how it performs when i get around to brewing with it!

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I brewed a 9.5% Tripel with the CML Belgian yeast, 1 pack got 10 litres down to around 1.012 no problem and it tasted great.

That Belgian yeast was not hydrated as recommended but I've used the pale ale yeast just added dry.
Shall pitch pale ale yeast into secondary and rehydrate this time to see.
Have a CML pale ale, Liberty Bell M36 and Gervin 12 all rehydrating for three other brews.
By the time I'm finished there will be 72 litres fermenting between 4 brews.I have to start work at 7am.

These brews dont realise the stress they cause. All u want to see is some bloody bubbles. Is this really too much to ask? (Especially before you leave for work)

No. As I say it's way too malty. I'm going try it out in a mild on the weekend as it seems perfect for that.

Literally just kegged a mild I brewed using the British ale yeast and my first thought was, "Boy is that malty!" :D So spot on as usual mate.

Latest posts

Back