PID Enclosure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blawford

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a ITC-100VH tomorrow and I am struggling to know what would be a good enclosure or project box for it. Need one that will fit a SSR, heatsink, the PID and maybe a single socket mounted on the top.

Anyone got any suggestions or pictures of what you have done with the same or similar PID?

Also, aside from the above, anything else I should be looking at buying online at the same time?

Thanks.

Hi!

I got mine from my local City Electrical Factors. One advantage of buying from a store is that you actually see the size of the box and can ask for a bigger/smaller one there and then.
This one would suit: http://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/prod...rface-mounting-plain-lid-ip56?q=adaptable+box

The one linked to by @Pawlo7671 would be ideal, and the price is also very good.

I fitted an internal fan to draw out the heat generated by the SSR. I did consider mounting the heatsink outside the box, as this photo shows (not my setup - found pic on Internet).

aaaaa Heat Sink.jpg

Nice job. Nearly finished mine, just need to buy and fit a PT100.

Can recommend this one. Came quickly and out of the box reads within half a degree of another digital and analogue thermometer I have. Obviously only just got it though, so can't speak for long term reliability.

Latest posts

Back