Brew fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissparky

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi
Which inkbird is best for this? I want the premade one. Also is there a guide on here to making a brew fridge? Or anyone able to advise me?
Thanks in advance

The 308 is the premiered one and a total doddle to use. Plug it in, set your temps, plug the fridge and heater in and let it go

The 308 is the premiered one and a total doddle to use. Plug it in, set your temps, plug the fridge and heater in and let it go

Second this...
Really simple to use.
And reliable.
Had diy stc 1000's and A couple of inkbirds 306's...but this is a heater timer not cooling...
Can't go wrong with the inkbird 308..
Bri

Maybe not, depends on the size of the fridge really. I've got normal sized under counter fridges both with 60W and it's probably a bit much as I get overshoots on the slightly more compact of the two I have. I've had to set the temperature tolerance slightly higher on that one to stop it cycling.

I think 45W would be fine for standard sized fridges.

Yep, I have a 45w tube heater in an undercounter fridge. It has been in the garage all winter and I had no problem maintaining temps.

I thought the 45w would be ok as it'll never get cold ithe fridge will be going in a cupboard upstairs in the house. Here's hoping anyway as I'd already ordered it

I thought the 45w would be ok as it'll never get cold ithe fridge will be going in a cupboard upstairs in the house. Here's hoping anyway as I'd already ordered it

Shouldn't have an issue then pal ! Mine is in the garage where it can get to 0c in winter and is a full size fridge so needed the extra juice...

Actually it will be better.
It will overshoot temperature less and therefore will be more accurate and more efficient.
Although be it 45w or 60w it's just pennys really in running costs.

I have the ITC-308S. As far as I know the only difference between with the 'S' is that the probe wire unplugs. I have the standard probe and the 12" probe with mine.

I'm considering buying a fridge, which I'll shoehorn into my kitchen somehow. I only want it for making lager so will there be any need for a heater? Kitchen ambient temps are unlikely to go below 10C so will it be enough to use my inkbird solely to run the fridge to keep temps down?

In fact come to that if I'm not using a heater is there a bargain basement inkbird that only has a cooler socket? Then I could get one of those just for the fridge and keep my 308 for brewday?

Iv a 40 w one In one of mine and a 20 w brew belt in the other and have no problem maintaining temps

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've just set mine up, fridge £30, inkbird £22 and heater £13.50. Just playing about with settings anyone no if the factory settings are ok and just change temp?

Iv a 40 w one In one of mine and a 20 w brew belt in the other and have no problem maintaining temps

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm considering buying a fridge, which I'll shoehorn into my kitchen somehow. I only want it for making lager so will there be any need for a heater? Kitchen ambient temps are unlikely to go below 10C so will it be enough to use my inkbird solely to run the fridge to keep temps down?

In fact come to that if I'm not using a heater is there a bargain basement inkbird that only has a cooler socket? Then I could get one of those just for the fridge and keep my 308 for brewday?

I'd just make a proper job of it from the beginning, you never know how your tastes may change over time, you may want to make a saison one day.

Back