Heater for Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_Bob

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Got my fridge setup back at the end of Nov 16 (complete with controller etc), but seem to be having a few problems with heaters.

It would appear that I have burnt out two of them, the second quite quickly. It only lasted a couple a weeks tops.

I'm using these 40W Tube heaters https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mobile-H...id=1493049414&sr=8-1&keywords=40w+tube+heater

Are others using the same ?

Space is a bit tight in the bottom of the fridge and I think that's where the problem is, not enough airflow to cool the heater therefore its get too hot and burns out.

I have thought about adding small fan to force air flow across the heater in an attempt to keep it from over heating.

Would be interested to hear what you guys are using to warm up the fridge.

a small ex pc case fan powered by a redundant phone charger (£shop usb charger) is a cheap but effective addition to a brewfridge aiding both heat and cold transfer and increasing efficiency no end. also keeping the door closed and not peeking in .. if u need to look see consider a thru the door peephole ;)

Cheers Fil,

Peeping......well past that stage now :).

Been looking at fans tonight on amazon and Maplins so will definitely get one.

Also made a much better frame to support the FV on allowing for better air circulation too.

Many thanks.

Cheers Fil,

Peeping......well past that stage now :).

Ha IM not.. I still miss the re-assuring regular glug that echoed thru the house pre brewfridge. tho i ebayed an ex pub bottle fridge with a glass door and 2foot internal striplight so i can keep an eye on the brew without loosing all the @temp Air inside the fridge hehe

(thought i had the bargain of the century, id bought a Fosters (top of the range manufacturer of stainless steel catering fridge/freezers) bottle fridge for £20 -HA when it turned up its a rusty painted mild steel fridge with fosters lager branding stickers all over :(

tho when you get lemons you make lemonade...

Latest posts

Back