Brew fridge fan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need a fan, you are just trying to solve a perceived problem that does not even need a solution.
Next people will be fitting circulation pumps inside their fermentation buckets.
;-)
mmm wonder why my Samsung fridge has fans built in ??? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ok so got a stainless trivet from ikea for ���£3 to use for a shelf ... cut it to size and mounted the 80mm pc fan to it using tie wraps.drilled a single hole in the bottom left hand side of the fridge wall for the wiring to go through ,this is powered by an old 12v power supply for a hard drive caddy .the temp probe will be fed through the drain hole in the back of the fridge .i will control the temperature with my inkbird 308 that i have used for the last year and have found it to be superb used in conjunction with a large heat pad .now time to try it on the fermentation fridge.
the heater is a 45w tube heater from amazon ip55 rated in case of spillage !!
the fridge i got from gumtree for ��£30 and looks like new.
ive attached so pics for anyone who is interested.:thumb::thumb:

20170628_233618_resized.jpg

20170628_233539_resized.jpg

20170628_233514_resized.jpg

20170628_233506_resized.jpg

20170628_233438_resized.jpg

That's a neat fitting and a great shelf ... :thumb:

... but the design makes it Number One in "Fridges I have seen that don't need a circulating fan." :lol: :lol:
arh well cant do any harm and cost nothing just the time to put 4 tie wraps on so a win win really :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I wonder how 99% of other under counter fridges manage to function?

Shelf is a good idea.
Yes i know lol,i wonder why the more expensive ones have a fan though ?
maybe just to make them more efficient and maintain the temp evenly ??

I don't think Samsung make under counter fridges :hmm:
maybe they dont but my fridge freezer made by Samsung has one whats your point ??

Many older refrigerators and most small refrigerators (like small bar and dorm refrigerators) do not have fans, but most modern frost-free refrigerators have two. One is under the refrigerator to cool the compressor and force air through the exterior coils. The second is inside and moves air around the coils inside the refrigerator. This second fan helps provide more even cooling, and also aids in the defrost process.

this was taken from a refrigeration website !!

Fridge freezers....the fan is used to pull cold air from the freezer section to chill the fridge section as the freezer section is a slave unit...in some cases.

maybe they dont but my fridge freezer made by Samsung has one whats your point ??

Many older refrigerators and most small refrigerators (like small bar and dorm refrigerators) do not have fans, but most modern frost-free refrigerators have two. One is under the refrigerator to cool the compressor and force air through the exterior coils. The second is inside and moves air around the coils inside the refrigerator. This second fan helps provide more even cooling, and also aids in the defrost process.

this was taken from a refrigeration website !!

Maybe your fridge freezer is the same as mine, where the fridge has no independent chilling capabilities.So it relies on a fan to move the cold air up via vents from the freezer section into the fridge.
Without a fan the cold air would not rise into the fridge because cold air doesn't rise.

Maybe your fridge freezer is the same as mine, where the fridge has no independent chilling capabilities.So it relies on a fan to move the cold air up via vents from the freezer section into the fridge.
Without a fan the cold air would not rise into the fridge because cold air doesn't rise.
Yes could be the case it does have some kind of fan in the fridge thats all i know :thumb:

Ok so just a quick update ,the new fridge setup has fluctuated + - just 0.4 degrees in the last 24hours using the inkbird 308 controller, so if it stays that accurate i will be more than happy :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back