Against all advice I've went for it !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcwcb89

Regular.
Reaction score
VIMTO ! Some people have regarded this as all evil but we drink Ltrs of the stuff week in week out so though go for it and to be honest it was just because I had a spare hour. So it's not the most professional home brew job but it's done and sealed safe [emoji23][emoji23]

Boiled up 300ml of Vimto (it's no added sugar because that's what the OH drinks which is 0.3g sugar per 100ml ) added 300g of sugar and dissolved in to the Vimto

fffc86c1e02e6f9f99a0e3f25145beab.jpg

Brewed 2 liptons red berry teabags and added that in to the Vimto let it sit for a while to drop in temp , from that I took a small amount and mixed in with the super yeast compound and nutrient and let it sit for a while to start

1d062f183f24cad92c6f2ecfa25a2260.jpg

Yeast mix !

9b824796ff9c746c7d5a0c78411f40fc.jpg

Then I poured the Vimto in to its 3ltr bottle and topped it up with cool water and took a reading, wasn't really expecting it to be that high with 300ml of sugar but we'll go with it ,it will be roughly 7% by my calculations

f103f68861136f682759a10e443865f5.jpg

Then capped her off [emoji23][emoji23] told you it want an in prompt brew lmao grabbed what I had and gave it a stab [emoji108]🏼

3a2393da6e1d8bf1932542d74d5046b3.jpg

Keep ya posted [emoji111]🏼️

Love it - new to this so not sure why Vimto considered the devils drink, but very interested see how this pans out ! Keep us posted [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck mate, I'm dying to have a alco vimto!

How long did you boil the juice for ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can I ask what difference it makes? I guess it's to boil something away?
Aye, if the juice has preservatives in it, boiling is supposed to get rid of them...

I've had mixed results with this method, when I tried a vimto brew, it didn't ferment at all, so I'm curious to see how this young man's attempt works out 😀

01c088af0547395190dd11d82ef35b0c.jpg
[ame]https://vimeo.com/184187904[/ame]

Well guys it's moving [emoji108]🏼 fingers crossed it turns out okay

Roddy it was on the heat for about 20/25 mins [emoji106]

I made Ribena wine when i first started, i boiled it for 15 minutes and added the usual stuff, it fermented slowly for several weeks but only got down to 1000, i had by then done a fair bit of searching and found many posts about the preservative not being boiled out and eventually killing the yeast i poured it down the sink and started a WOW, good luck with your version its no big loss if it doesn't work and if it does i guess many will then try it.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/184249110[/ame]

It's definitely not hanging around !!
I guess that balloon could blow up a fair bit before it pops , should I put a tiny pin hole in it at the nipple ? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Haha indeed [emoji57][emoji57]

I pierced it the other day and it's kept it at bay [emoji1362] done a reading yesterday and it's down to 1.020 so it's Defo doing its stuff had to have a wee taste and it's pritty good but Obv got a long way to go so will dry out a bit, so fingers crossed it turns out good [emoji1362]

:thumb: This made me smile so much! The title of your post was absolute ........, and I wasn't disappointed.

It wouldn't be my tipple of choice but if you love vimto, and you love booze then what's not to love?! Best of luck with it :cheers:

It always in the title lmao it's like a good book cover [emoji23][emoji23] pull them in get them reading lmao more chance of a reply that way [emoji6]

That's it it's cheap as chips to make and if it taste like Vimto am sure it will keep wifey happy at the same time [emoji106] which is always a bonus and it will break up my ciders from total depletion [emoji85]

Gave this a quick check tonight as there's very little bubble activity now on the side of the bottle since there's no airlock , it's changed colour dramatically from the colour above to a mucky pink colour anyway it's down to 1.000ish so I'll leave it there till sat then rack it and see how it looks n tastes then the plan is to batch prime with either

a little more Vimto and sugar solution or

Lowicz syrup [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Decisions decisions

I'd be inclined to keep it as vimtoey as possible dude !

Indeed [emoji1362]

What you thinking 60ml of Vimto and 50g sugar that's roughly 5/6g a bottle I think [emoji23]

Right so ended up having a exciting few days [emoji849][emoji849] so never had time to bottle my brews properly but since am away for 3 weeks I thought sod it just rough it and see how it goes so I've racked the VIMTOPOP in to another bottle with 100ml of NAS Vimto and 40g of sugar so fingers crossed it resembles Vimto when time is done, looks a bit cloudy but that's only cause I've mixed it in again it was clear as a whistle, plenty o cake at the bottle of the bottle mind you

So far it tastes of Vimto but too much alcohol taste so Defo lower sugar content even tho I didn't put much in [emoji23] but it's a cheap experiment and I'll dam sure drink it any way [emoji106]

Defo give it a go guys
c42dacbc239b5fc44d87445c18c8e76b.jpg

The other two bottles are my apple and blackcurrent hooch [emoji6] they taste great and easy drinker at 4% [emoji1362]

Latest posts

Back