Danny Willets apologies for his brother.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek but it's all gone pear shaped -

The Americans need their baying mob of imbeciles to caress their egos every step of the way," he wrote.

Danny Willett said: "I apologise. It's not the thoughts of me or the team."

The article, published in National Club Golfer magazine, went on to say Europe's golfers need to "silence the pudgy, basement-dwelling irritants" and "smash the obnoxious dads, with their shiny teeth, Lego man hair, medicated ex-wives and resentful children".

Wow! Haha. Oooppps!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think Danny Willet's brother should apologise on behalf of Danny Willet's brother. It isn't Danny Willet's fault.

Here is what he said in full :lol:

In the article ahead of the Ryder Cup, he wrote:

"For the Americans to stand a chance of winning, they need their baying mob of imbeciles to caress their egos every step of the way.

"They need to stun the angry, unwashed, Make America Great Again swarm, desperately gripping their concealed-carry compensators and belting out a mini-erection inducing 'mashed potato,' hoping to impress their cousin.

"They need to smash the obnoxious dads, with their shiny teeth, Lego man hair, medicated ex-wives, and resentful children.

"Squeezed into their cargo shorts and boating shoes, they'll bellow 'get in the hole' whilst high-fiving all the other members of the Dentists' Big Game Hunt Society.

"Darren Clarke needs to pick his pairs carefully, they need to support each other intelligently, and the crowd needs to be dealt with swiftly.

"If these things happen, Europe will win, and I'll try to support gracefully by embracing the same sense of fair-mindedness that has permeated this unbiased article.

"If not, the Americans will claim their second victory this century ... those fat, stupid, greedy, classless, b*****ds."

Sky news.

I think its the funniest golf related news i have read in a long time, i don't watch a lot of golf but that "get in the hole" ******** really annoys me.

Cant see anything wrong with that. If it was cricket they'd just call it sledging and applaud the chap for an inventive turn of phrase. Our American cousins are far to sensitive :whistle::lol:

Our American cousins are far too American, full stop. ( or should that be period?)

Whilst I don't agree with the whole of Danny Willet's brother's statement (tongue in cheek or not); I can only just bare watching the highlights package of the Ryder Cup as it is being ruined by the moronic American fans whooping and hollaring at everything. One fan picked a European ball up so it would have to be dropped and American balls repeatedly miraculously end up being 'accidentally' rebounded back in to play by the crowd. It shows when even Patrick Reed is shushing the crowd just so Europe can putt out.
That is all, thanks for your time...

I turned the radio on earlier and heard them, i am glad i am not a golf fan as that would ruin it for me, i feel sorry for all the fans that i imagine pay quite a lot of money to go to watch only to have to listen to that, i am not tarring all Americans with the same brush but their golf fans need to shut the **** up.

I think he got it spot on.

"For the Americans to stand a chance of winning, they need their baying mob of imbeciles to caress their egos every step of the way.

"They need to stun the angry, unwashed, Make America Great Again swarm, desperately gripping their concealed-carry compensators and belting out a mini-erection inducing 'mashed potato,' hoping to impress their cousin.

"They need to smash the obnoxious dads, with their shiny teeth, Lego man hair, medicated ex-wives, and resentful children.

"Squeezed into their cargo shorts and boating shoes, they'll bellow 'get in the hole' whilst high-fiving all the other members of the Dentists' Big Game Hunt Society.

"Darren Clarke needs to pick his pairs carefully, they need to support each other intelligently, and the crowd needs to be dealt with swiftly.

"If these things happen, Europe will win, and I'll try to support gracefully by embracing the same sense of fair-mindedness that has permeated this unbiased article.

"If not, the Americans will claim their second victory this century ... those fat, stupid, greedy, classless, b*****ds."

Back