Over Carbonated

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz

Reaction score
Hi guys, have to confess I've over carbonated my last corni. I usually top up with WW gas two or three times a day over a week or so until absorbed. For this one, I gave the 'shake, rattle and roll' method a go. Needless to say I've overdone it and I get more head than beer. :shock:

If I release pressure via the pressure release valve, I'm presuming the beer will remain over carbonated and there wont be enough pressure to dispense. Am I going to have to live with a big head on this one or is there any remedial action I can take :?:

Typically, its in my only keg that doesn't have a flow control on the tap...

if you disconnect the gas line (to stop it filling back up when you open the PRV) and carefully (with a towel around the PRV) let out the gas, give it a REALLY gentle (otherwise it'll foam) slosh, and repeat two or three times, it should bring down the carbonation. then you can hook it back up to the gasline and know not to blast it so much ;)

I did this and I took it put of the chiller and into 20C of heat and kept letting the C02 out. As the Keg got warmer it released the absorbed gas back intothe keg and eventually the gassing level dropped. I then recharged the keg at 15 Psi at 15C and now its all loverly

Latest posts

Back