Too clear to bottle?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
The bitter that I have brewed for the forum brew (Kingpin) has dropped so bright in the FV's that I can't believe that there is any yeast still in suspension. That being the case what should I do when bottling? I was thinking of transferring to another FV and adding some of the yeast cake (about 2 tbsp) and stirring in then bottling. Will this work? I just want to know that there is yeast in there to process the priming sugars when I bottle?

Any thoughts / idea greatfully recieved. :D

I was thinking of transferring to another FV and adding some of the yeast cake (about 2 tbsp) and stirring in then bottling. Will this work? I

That'll do the job grand :thumb:
Even when beers visably clear it can still contain a lot of yeast.

Wez, I had a clear one too a while ago. I bottled, then had sleepless nights that there wouldn't be any carnbonation. To be fair, a few bottles were lacking a bit of fizz but, I was surprised how well the rest turned out. Like Vossy says, I think it's surprising how much yeast there might be left, even when it looks pretty clear.

This is my first, the Coniston Bluebird Whatever that I put in a secondary PET FV after 10 days. It looked pretty clear but this is it after standing until now another 13 days.
url]

That illustrates the point nicely K :) thanks for the pic :thumb:

I'll be bottling tomorrow - it remains to be seen what I decide to do :eek: :lol:

Latest posts

Back