saaz hops. pilsner v lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispurvis

Reaction score
Hi guys.
yesterday i bought two 1 can kits. A wilko delicate pilsner and a coopers european lager. I also bought 100g of saaz hops.
So my question is which beer should i add my hops too?
And how many hops do i add?
If its a small quantity perhaps add to both?
What do we think guys?

Cheers
chris

Add it to both, I've just bought some Saaz to use with the Coopers European. I'll probably dry hop with 20g, did similar with Coopers Australian Lager earlier in the year and it came out great. The European is lovely, uses a proper lager yeast so low temp ferment - did my last one at 13C.

Yep ive had both before but only made to kit instructions.
ive only ever used hop pellets before.
does dry hopping involve the same process? Just chuck em on top of the brew and use a filter bag when syphoning into barrell or bottles?
Is 20g the usuall amount?
Also how do i store the hops i havnt used? There in a vaccumed pack at the moment. Can i just wrap em back up in cling film or tin foil?

Yes, same as pellets - just chuck 'em in. I usually fish them out with a sanitised slotted spoon prior to bottling, they make less of a mess than pellets.

Amount - recipes vary, but 20g seems to work for me.

You can store the hops in the freezer, they'll last for ages - the ones I've used recently have been in there for 2 years.

Latest posts

Back