Youngs Apa - first effort

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monego

Reaction score
Just barrelled my first brew, took 3 weeks to ferment at about 18 degrees

Tried a bit and it still quite cloudy and a bit yeasty and tart, us this likely to change in the barell or have I done something wrong?

No sounds fine . it needs time to mature and settle and clear one month at least . maybe two or three the longer you leave it the better it will get . so by Christmas should be quite nice . good luck .

Had a pint of it last night, still a little yeasty on the head but the beers definitely getting there. Could get into this!

Just a little longer . you will be rewarded with the perfect pint.
I've got 245 pints in garage maturing plus started red wine . have a good Christmas.

I'm going to bottle my IPA and APA this weekend. I won't touch it for 12 weeks. Its not worth it! Grab a wherry kit and drink it young if you want some quick nice beer.
I usually brew a Wherry every other batch, so I've got something to drink whilst waiting for the other stuff to mature/taste nice.

My APA never got good. I must've messed something up during fermentation. I still have it in the barrel, 3-4 months in now. But it still tastes ****, haha. Although I've heard great things about this kit, so I'm definitely going to try to brew it again.

My APA hasn't cleared yet, and has been in the bottle a week. The IPA next to it, of the same age has cleared beautifully.
Hmmm...
We'll see.

Back