Kit yeasts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louis macneice

Reaction score
In my fridge I have three packets of yeast from three kits: Young's Harvest Mild, John Bull IPA and Brewferm Triple.

They are all identical down to the DGB 'code' printed on them.

Now I don't have a problem if they are all the same; I've had great results using Brewferm's kit yeast. But what I would like to know is what yeast is it?

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I've no idea sorry, but I'm surprised that Brewferm Tripel has the same yeast as the other two. Brewferm do their own yeasts, and I doubt Youngs and John Bull use Brewferm yeast. But perhaps they do....?

I was surprised as well; but the packaging is identical in size and appearance down to the previously quoted code. If I can be bothered - and someone doesn't come up with the answer - I might just write to them all and ask?

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

You should definitely contact them - I'd be interested to know if they're the same. They could all outsource the yeast to a third party manufacturer and the packets don't necessarily have the same contents (although the fact they all have the same code is a bit weird).

Guess is Nottingham. Like you say, Louis, we welcome better and more informed information.

You should definitely contact them - I'd be interested to know if they're the same. They could all outsource the yeast to a third party manufacturer and the packets don't necessarily have the same contents (although the fact they all have the same code is a bit weird).

I've e-mailed all three this morning and will post the results here.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Latest posts

Back