BeardedMag :D

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedMag

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Absolute novice here with a keen interest in watching football and drinking great beer!

Recently turned 30 and my dad decided I should turn my hand at brewing as I've talked about it for so long so here I am. Been bought my first 40 pint A.P.A kit and now just going about sorting out all the gear and equipment needed.

Any tips/help is greatly appreciated and would love to share stories as and when my first brew commences.
Cheers for taking the time to read this and here's to happy brewing!

BeardedMag

Hi and welcome to the forum.We've all been there so don't be afraid to ask regardless how silly you may think it is.Take a good tour of the forum stickies and how to's where you will find a wealth of information.Good luck.

Cheers :D can't wait to get started! Got my notepad and pen at the ready

Hi and welcome to the forum.We've all been there so don't be afraid to ask regardless how silly you may think it is.Take a good tour of the forum stickies and how to's where you will find a wealth of information.Good luck.

Hi, and welcome
I'll give you a couple of tips.
Use starsan for sanitation it works out cheaper and better in the long run. I've done 50 brews and never had an infection.
Pay close attention to temperature control. Especially in the first week of fermenting.
Time wise forget what it tells you in the instructions and ferment for 2 weeks.
Enjoy 😊 and you'll soon move onto all grain which is worlds apart and more creative

Spot on advice Chriss!

Yeah I've been having some great conversation with Bri and he has pointed out temperature control as being crucial to me.

I'm away at the moment but back at the weekend when I plan to clear out my outhouse which has full electrical supply and lighting, plus a lock so I can bugger off and not be pestered haha :D
Once that's sorted I'm going to go about getting my equipment together for my Young Brew kit and crack on!

So excited to get amongst it and start knocking up some epic brews like you Seniors

Cheers

BeardedMag

Hi, and welcome
I'll give you a couple of tips.
Use starsan for sanitation it works out cheaper and better in the long run. I've done 50 brews and never had an infection.
Pay close attention to temperature control. Especially in the first week of fermenting.
Time wise forget what it tells you in the instructions and ferment for 2 weeks.
Enjoy ������ and you'll soon move onto all grain which is worlds apart and more creative

Back