Nearly loss my brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Reaction score
Came home from the allotment yesterday and thought I'd have a beer from the shed,then I noticed some liquid on the floor then my heart sank my King Keg was leaking. So panic set in what am I'm going to do apart from cry,I quickly sterilised another keg and transfered the brew to clean keg and hoped and prayed. While cleaning all the equipment up I noticed the bottom of my syhpon
missing and thought I must of binned it,so I thought I'd buy another one soon. But today I thought I'd try the brew to see if it was ok and it wasn't infected,so I tried to get some beer out and wouldn't come out and I thought it had no C02 in it. So I topped it up and still couldn't get anything out of the barrlel so started scratching my head,so had a look at the tap and noticed the syphon missing part was stuck in the keg oh bugger. Do sterilised my arm and dragged the bugger out and now have flowing beer,will drink it this week and hope it stays fine till the end.

Just an update I've just got the last pint from the keg and it has been a lovely drink,left less than half a pint in the keg already got another can to take its place.

Just had the same problem, pool on the garage floor! luckily I had a brand new corny there, sanitised it quickly and transferred my Black Rock Bitter hopefully it'll be ok!
Just ordered another corny from Norman, King Kegs are a thing of the past for me :)

Glad you saved it i still use my KK and easy kegs but mainly bottles,I have. Lager in the KK and it a very small leak on the tap it's not leaking now. Just hope the brews ok inside. Cheers

King Kegs don't fit in my fridge! :doh:

Bottles do, and a 5ltr mini-keg if I take a shelf out and Mrs HM hasn't just come back from the supermarket! :thumb:

I have one spare fridge and wish I had more but the boss won't let me have anymore, but the one
I'm Using can fit a KK inside and the gas to top it up. But the kegs inside I can't fit anything else in so have to use keg up them fill it up with other beer.

Latest posts

Back