Back yard storage solution for 2 or 3 25L Kegs??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moptop232

Reaction score
Hi all. Would anyone have an idea / advice for me to store two or three 25 litre kegs in my back yard?

Right now I am using a Keter garden box but it's not that good as I have to stack the kegs on bricks so I can get the glass under the tap to dispense. The box lid is resting on my head etc while I'm dispensing. Also the box get insects and the odd snail in it!

Looking for something compact and upright. Garden pest proof too would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Start off with Dethlac! You can spray a "Die you little bugger!" band around your existing set up while you sort out the new store. Most crawling insects seem to die within a few inches so climbing into a box will keep the creepy-crawlies out.

Looking to the future I would sit down and work out exactly what I wanted. For a start, in the back garden it has to be:

o Insulated against heat and cold.

o Weatherproof.

o Secure against kids and/or casual thieves.

o High enough to allow you to pour a pint whenever you want.

o Big enough to take all present PBs.

Personally, I would design something that started from the size of a sheet of OSB like this ...

http://www.diy.com/departments/osb-2-board-th11mm-w1220mm-l2440mm/27592_BQ.prd

From a single sheet, you can make a six sided box 1220mm wide x 400mm deep x 600mm high.

Line it with insulation like this ...

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk...MIlt7Wjtvc1QIV5rftCh0fdQ40EAYYBiABEgJ5MfD_BwE

Drive some supports into the garden to support the store off the ground, put a couple of hinges on the front, cover the top with a bit of tarpaulin and "BINGO" you have a PB store.

Simples! :thumb:

The measurements are off the top of my (stout befuddled) head but I do reckon that you could make a store for at least two PBs out of a single sheet of OSB and Insulation.

Enjoy! :thumb:

well my keg store is an ex coalshed (single skin brick walls side onto the kitchen back wall) after pouring a flat floor i insulated the hell out of it, 4"/ 100mm sheet insulation @ the back and under the roof (north facing), and multi layer composite film insulation to the sides (with less than 90cm width and the need to contain a washing machine too, width was a premium and i allowed 11mm each side for 3mm of ply wall cladding and insulation between 8mm stand off battons..

I manage to serve most of the year without the need for temp control even though i run all the beerlines thru a shelf chiller, come high summer and the hottest we generally get it remains cool in the shade of the 'beer cellar'

the one 'feature' of my set up is when i run the shelf chiller i NEED to open the coal shed door, otherwise the heat output from the shelf chiller soon turns the insulated cupboard into an oven ;(

Latest posts

Back