WOW Red Wine?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I have been making the rose WOW wine for a few mths now ans just stared making the white one.What I would like to know is there a red one you can make as well

You cannot make a full bodied red from grape juice but if you have a search there is a thread about wine making using dried grape powder (or something like that)

Thank you very much guys could could someone give me the recipe and the quaintly for each ingredient like the wine powder etc for a 23 litre FB . Many Thanks

Hi Apinta

I've made it up following the instructions that came with it and got good results (550g for 23l) Other people have suggested making up short or adding 20% - 30% more powder to get a fuller bodied wine.

The above mentioned thread is quite long but if you read through there's a few variations people have tried. If you post a question on the thread I'm sure you'll get a quick reply as there's quite a few people still following it.

Paul.

I am going to get some of this red powder and have a go of it in the meantime what would I get if I use the red grape juice from supermarket and say I use 2 cartons of the stuff would that make a reasonable table wine

I tried making 2 litre RGJ wine and was not keen but you my like it there are lots of different juices on the shelves a lot are less than 50% juice but taste strong so why not try 2 cartons of a different juice to a carton of red grape juice.

a few of us (most a LOT more experienced than me) have tried and failed, I honestly wouldn't bother.

If you like red, buy a beaverdale/CC upwards kit or pick some blackberries !

Rose easy WOW was good, as are a few other concoctions people have tried, just not a pukka red.

Al

a few of us (most a LOT more experienced than me) have tried and failed, I honestly wouldn't bother.

If you like red, buy a beaverdale/CC upwards kit or pick some blackberries !

Rose easy WOW was good, as are a few other concoctions people have tried, just not a pukka red.

Al

Totally agree you can make some nice light red/rose with RGJ and Ribena but its not a red
I an going to try the powdered grape next so will let you know in the future how this goes but CC kits for a full red are a bit dearer than winebuddy etc but they make a only make light reds and no good for full reds

Back