Orange Tangelo blonde ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
my mandarina bavaria hops arrived to day as going to do a orange/tangelo blonde.
This was inspired by the wife who only drinks lager but trying to get her to try other beers. Anyway whilst in wetherspoons had a dommbar amber ale which has a orange taste she said she could drink it so I will try and do a blonde (nearest to lager)with similar taste
the only thing is I am going to use a jar of marmalade but should I include this in Brewers friend as cane sugar for the calculation

3.8k Pale ale Grain
200g torrified
454g jar of marmalade

10g Mandarina Bavaria at 60mins
10g Mandarina Bavaria at 10mins
10g Waimea at 10mins

grated orange zest at flameout
CML california common yeast
grated orange zest in fermentor after 3 or 4 days

what do you think
Ps she will not drink any grapefruit hopped beer
Pete

Mmmmm
not an expert on marmalade but would it not contain various preservatives etc,possibly not good for brewing!!!!!

Mmmmm
not an expert on marmalade but would it not contain various preservatives etc,possibly not good for brewing!!!!!

Might do she bought, but we make our own,or that should read my wife makes ours.:whistle:

Hi
my mandarina bavaria hops arrived to day as going to do a orange/tangelo blonde.
This was inspired by the wife who only drinks lager but trying to get her to try other beers. Anyway whilst in wetherspoons had a dommbar amber ale which has a orange taste she said she could drink it so I will try and do a blonde (nearest to lager)with similar taste
the only thing is I am going to use a jar of marmalade but should I include this in Brewers friend as cane sugar for the calculation

3.8k Pale ale Grain
200g torrified
454g jar of marmalade

10g Mandarina Bavaria at 60mins
10g Mandarina Bavaria at 10mins
10g Waimea at 10mins

grated orange zest at flameout
CML california common yeast
grated orange zest in fermentor after 3 or 4 days

what do you think
Ps she will not drink any grapefruit hopped beer
Pete

I would go 400g cane sugar (or converted to golden syrup) plus the zest of 2 or three more oranges instead of the marmalade.

Back