Things I've seen when riding my bike

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the above an updated version of one of these
th

Saw a rough looking bloke in the park today on my commute to work, who looked like what mick huknall would look like if he was homeless alcoholic

Are you sure it wasn't him i haven't heard him mentioned on the radio in ages. :lol:

I went for a bike ride around Bloomsbury, Central London today, and I saw; A 1940's film being made (went round a corner and thought I'd gone back in time as there were several chaps in 1940's clobber standing chatting around a 1940's car), Rupert Everett, the oldest hipster ever (bloke in 60's-70's, man bun, horn rim glasses, painting an 'artisan' cheese shop sign called the 'Fromagerie'). Then nearly got killed on the way home as myself and several other cyclists, narrowly avoided being mowed down by a mini driving up the kerbed off/segregated cycle lane. All in all a pleasant Sunday afternoon :lol:

On my commute this morning I saw an old boy smoking a roll up in his front garden. Nothing strange in that, but on my commute back home I saw the same old boy smoking a roll up again(I'm assuming a different one??). Coincidence or had he been there all day smoking the same roll up? :confused:

On my commute this morning I saw an old boy smoking a roll up in his front garden. Nothing strange in that, but on my commute back home I saw the same old boy smoking a roll up again(I'm assuming a different one??). Coincidence or had he been there all day smoking the same roll up? :confused:

Did it look like this -

spliff.jpg

Well, I'm still recovering from a broken hip (fractured head of femur) after falling/ being forced off the road just over three months ago. I can't say what actually happened, as I have no memory from half an hour before the accident, until a day after. A good smack on the head - which was luckily covered with a helmet. I also got knocked off a year or so ago, and am still suffering from the effects of that.

A good many drivers around here are aggressive, drive whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or simply have no regard for other road users.

In fifty years of cycling I have never fallen off due to my lack of skill, and I don't hang around. I cycle as a sport, not as a means of transport, with the intention of staying fit. I have now had two incidents within a couple of years that has kept me off work (self employed) for over 6 months.

As much as I hate to think about it, I am going to have to seriously reevaluate whether I cycle again. Cycling on the roads these days is very risky and I just cannot afford to have another accident. I am normally very sporty and active, and still do a physical job at 64 years of age. These two accidents have taken their toll, and I may never fully recover from them. I definitely can't afford another one.

About a week before the accident I purchased a tandem on EBay in the UK! I'll be picking that up when I come over in a couple of weeks. Driving over to drop my son's bikes off (and other stuff) at uni in Exeter. Then up towards Liverpool and Southport via Shrewsbury - probably picking up some brewing supplies en-route.

Anyone on that route that wants to feed homebrew to a weary crippled traveller?

Weirdest thing I have ever seen was on a Duke of Edinburgh Expedition. Someone had nailed a naked barbie doll and a CD onto a public football sign...

Latest posts

Back