Pubs returning beer back to kegs.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
Has anyone seen these before?
013.JPG

Makes you wonder what some bar owners are returning to the kegs.... slops/water? :sick:

<<CLICKY>>

BB

evanvine said:
It's when they don't pour it down the sink and take it away in a jug you need to worry! :shock:
I thought the kegs in use nowdays were tamper proof and impossible to put liquid in :hmm:

It's got me worried now about what I could be drinking in an unscrupulous bar owners boozer. :sick: :sick:

BB

I used to work in a pub when I was 16. Lager and bitter went back in the bitter, mild and guinness went in the mild and cider was just chucked. We also had to tip the spirit bottles to get every last drop out. I thought that had been outlawed though.

BarnsleyBrewer said:
I thought the kegs in use nowdays were tamper proof and impossible to put liquid in :hmm:
It's impossible to take the spear out, but as long as the gas is vented and the funnel has the right sort of keg connector on, it is more than possible to pour it back.

Landlords are a right bunch of chancers . . .pub I used to work in used to tip the dregs back into the casks on a regular basis. And in Scotland Light Mild (As opposed to Dark Mild) was brewed to prevent then returning all the beer to the cask of mild that was on. :evil: :evil:

It is a major source of complaints that the beer is 'off' as well, and the brewery has to refund the cost of the cask to the pub.

In Scotland they used to have a scavenger on the hand pump that sucked the beer from the dip tray back into the beer line, and into the next pint . . .That was outlawed as well

And yes, it is against Hygiene regulations to return 'waste' beer to the keg/cask.

Back