Barcelona - La Cerveteca

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ano

Regular.
Reaction score
Went for a few days to sunny Barcelona to wander the streets and get a friend's wallet stolen by some Morrocans. Got to say we were fabulously lucky to stumble on a little place called La Cerveteca. It's basically the best off licence you can imagine, but with an on licence too. So you can buy bottles or ask if they've got any cellared and cool and you can drink them there. Prices are a little steep (particularly with the exchange rate as it is) but the variety is superb. They had BrewDog's Paradox (Isle of Arran aged), Speedball, cult lager and an orange one which I don't think is on their website anymore. It also had some American stuff including the Great Divide Brewery's Titan IPA (7.1%) and Hercules Double IPA (10%). Exactly what I needed after a day on the beach. Here are some pics.

Plenty to go at. All the upturned ones are Cantillion. The row you can see at the top is...
img2196w.jpg

... also different stuff from Cantillion.
img2197o.jpg

The display fridge, in there were Brewdogs, Rauchbiers, Great Divide stuff, an ESB and more:
img2198c.jpg

Beer Me. Ok so it's condensation but when it's 35 degrees oustide and humid it's only natural.
img2199f.jpg

With a table vacated we sat down and I forgot to take a photo of the beer until it was gone:
img2162.jpg

This was what the back of the bar looked like, that's boxes of Titan IPA, something else, Doggy Style Classic Pale Ale and a crate of Cantillion. The casks are from Hoepfner, a German outfit.
img2165wkk.jpg

Wow - that sounds like a great way to spend a few days - liked the pics :thumb:

Nice one John. You should have picked up the Speedball seeing as they can't sell it over here anymore.

Back