Wow Updates...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
Just racked my two wines, having cleared them in the primary. One original wow, one with wgj and 1l pomegranate.

The pomegranate had 150ml raspberry vodka added which added a lovely aroma. It's more of a rust colour, but hopefully the 1l pomegranate juice added at bottling will fix that. Otherwise, tasting decent, and I would be happy to brew it again. I hope to find a standard rose recipe that resembles good plonk, like zinfandel or Grenache. I'm not a big wine man!

The original wow is tasting considerably more appealing having been started the same time, so true to the description, its perfectly palatable when its young. I can taste a lot of pithe and skin sort of flavours, so I hope ageing will fix this. There's a rather sharp tartness to it overall, but the initial and aftertaste are complex and rich, but simple enough to glug.

Hope this helps some new brewers. Blueberry wine next for sure. :)

It was. :grin: But to save the server I deleted the other one. :grin: Back to topic. Leave it to mature for a month or two and it will improve.

Latest posts

Back