Mini kegs - Who has the length of storage record?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I will if all goes well be looking to keg some this weekend and will use mini kegs it's bitter for Christmas.

I'd like to know how long beer can be stored in clean newish mini kegs before it gets tainted.

What is the longest you have had beer in one of these kegs?

ATB. Aamcle

Four days to drink it, but I have had it conditioning for a couple of months and the beer was fine. They have a plastic liner so should be good for even longer.

I kegged my passion fruit tc june/july and only started drinking it last week .

I don't vent mine when its tc or for half am hour if it's beer then close it again lasts me a week or more

I was thinking about buying some of these from my local homebrew store, the owner said that 4-5 days is probably long enough since you cant carbonate them, although mine would only last about a day if I got some - they hold what, 9 pints?!

aamcle said:
I'm not asking about the time an open keg lasts but the time a keg lasts unopened.

Aamcle

i opened and drank a keg at the weekend that i filled on the on the 17th july 2013 it was a wilko sweet newkie, tasted fine and didnt last the night :drink:

I'll let u know in May. Got a mini keg of chocolate orange stout I apparently kegged 22/4 (written on the label) and it will be opened for the spring thing in May! Would assume it'll be fine. It's been in the shed since kegging!

Latest posts

Back