Home Brewing Stainless Steel Malt Mill £9:99

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if you are willing/stupid enough to not operate within amazons domain.

If you think that phishing scams only fool the stupid then at some point you will fall for at least one, I have worked with a lot of security professionals in my time and there are some amazing scams out there but most are simple and rely on peoples greed or willingness to believe that it might just be true.

Just don't go ordering any uncrushed grain before your mill turns up ;)

If you think that phishing scams only fool the stupid then at some point you will fall for at least one, I have worked with a lot of security professionals in my time and there are some amazing scams out there but most are simple and rely on peoples greed or willingness to believe that it might just be true.

Just don't go ordering any uncrushed grain before your mill turns up ;)

The guy I worked with was not stupid. The problem he had was Amazon refusing to accept there was a problem and insisting he takes up any problem with the seller who had disappeared.

I know I'm thick, but just how does this work?

Someone advertised a bit of kit on Amazon. (Like always.)

I bought the bit of kit using my Credit Card. (Like always.)

Amazon removed the money from my Credit Card account. (Like always.)

It's almost like reading a "Whodunit" wondering if this is real or not ... :lol:

... so just in case, I dropped Amazon an email and asked them to look into it! :thumb:

And all they need is a nice friendly mod of s popular forum to help it go viral

I was under the impression as has been discussed your money was safe time will tell.

As Dutto says above I may have helped a lot more people than I have harmed if it does turn out to be a scam and as it stands it's a big if.

An alternative view is this thread may well have made more people aware it's probably a scam and not fall into the trap

I was under the impression as has been discussed your money was safe time will tell.

As Dutto says above I may have helped a lot more people than I have harmed if it does turn out to be a scam and as it stands it's a big if.

I think the concerns came later in the thread when people starts realising it sounded too good to be true. I hope it's not a scam and you get your money back. I am not sure how these Amazon scams work but there are millions of them happening all the time.

I've got the same email, apparently it's been dispatched and estimated delivery is 25th August. The delivery company is 4PX, which is a Chinese company. So assume it's coming from China?

We shall see......

Not holding my breath, but losing a tenner for a month is still worth a gamble.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

There's a scam involving fake listings and then giving out cloned tracking numbers so it looks like they've sent you something.

As they've given a few weeks for expected delivery, it'll be a while before you realise your tracking number is for a different parcel going somewhere else and by the time it's delivered the seller will be gone.

Fortunately if that's the case, you should get a refund from Amazon no problem if you contact them about it.

I ordered one expecting it to be a misprice which would likely be cancelled but also received a 4px tracking number today estimated delivery date is august 25th. Will be interesting to see if the tracking details ever update :smile:

Back