Final FG reading Youngs APA Kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardedMag

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've currently got a Youngs APA kit in the FV and took my first reading after around 9/10 days. It's sat at just over 1.020, anybody had experience of this kit and if so what were everyones readings and after how many days fermenting?

Cheers in advance!

I did this kit recently and, even though I brewed slightly short, it finished at 1.008. The yeast can be quite slow. I left it in the fv for three weeks before bottling.

I can't remember how low the yeast finished as I don't have my brewing log to hand but, from memory, it was below 1.010. I agree with stair, the Youngs kits can take 3 to 4 weeks in the fermenter as the yeast seems to be slow and steady.

I usually leave kits in the fermenter for 2 weeks so that it gives the yeast a chance to clear up a bit but the Youngs kits (I've done 4; the IPA, APA and RIAx2) have all needed at least an extra week.

Bottled it off late last night after 3 weeks in the FV and dry hopping for 4 days. Got the measurements right down too 1008 as you guys had said so happy days!

Went from having no stock to 40 bottles of APA and got an all grain DIPA fermenting with my pal at the moment. Happy Days!

Yeah leave it get down to 1008 or so..mine took around three weeks. It's a great kit worth waiting for.

Tried the first bottle last night and it really is up my alley taste wise! Thats only a week after bottling but good head and really strong hop flavour. Gonna leave it in the garage now and have one every friday to gauge when it's peaked haha :)

Yeah leave it get down to 1008 or so..mine took around three weeks. It's a great kit worth waiting for.

Latest posts

Back