Christmas beers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmaguy41

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone tried any Christmas beer kits? I've tried muntons winter warmer and that was decent, any others worth putting on soon for Christmas? Or are there other kits that you prefer to the Christmas ones for festive drinking?

Anyone tried any Christmas beer kits? I've tried muntons winter warmer and that was decent, any others worth putting on soon for Christmas? Or are there other kits that you prefer to the Christmas ones for festive drinking?

@Graz has a BrewFerm christmas beer bottled. I looked into the kit: bit pricey but promising.

@Graz has a BrewFerm christmas beer bottled. I looked into the kit: bit pricey but promising.

By all accounts it's probably a bit late for this kit for this Christmas. Long maturation periods are recommended and I made mine up quite early on in the year. It'll be interesting as to whether it turns out okay or not, the fermentation stopped at around 1.018 - 1.020 so I bottled it without priming. Really depends if the yeast wakes up again and consumes the remaining sugar otherwise it'll just be flat and sweet but then others mentioned that this is normal for this kit so I still have hopes. Will sample in early December.

Do need to get draught on for Christmas though as yet TBD though as a fan of dark beers a Porter or some such will be in the offing.

Latest posts

Back