ham radio anybody

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never operated the HAM before but used to have great fun years on FM/AM and sidebands swapping QSL with operators in the states and if the weather was really good there was a few Aussie operators on the horn.Brings back memories..:thumb:

I never got on well with hamsphere for some reason. Perhaps it lacked some of the real aspects of what radio is about (running about with long bits of wire) or that it was somehow no more than internet voice chat with a nice frontpage to play with.
I'm still a newbie M6 and a bit mike shy since taking the test and dropping out of the local club meets due to them being the wrong side of town for me. Still trying to learn morse and haven't quite got it yet.
Maybe I should go back to hamsphere. :-?

I do need to talk to fellow hams to get my confidence up I think.

I used to use A.M CB radio back in the day when it was illegal and that was probably why it was so popular, i have tried the hamsphere app and was listening to a couple of blokes discussing ham radio earlier, i don't think i could talk to a stranger but it seems very good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ringjoebing.android.hamsphere&hl=en_GB

P5AMBAKbAwVEw8flC47Q1Ejj3VJEidVp9WjPrLTMPJYatcwoBLLpbPSVmydH034V-ew=h310-rw
wX5-O9DIl6y3PcpZ26buQrL4QmeocdJwpzmDgiXEOF2GNll02wm1facjb6bA7lNEWrA=h310-rw
PIihyz-UzMOrnSTQKRza0J42KxwHxbn3axuo-yNk8CFFkUqPaicfag33eKXHtO_zTvI=h310-rw

Used to have a home base cb radio when I was in school..remember cobra or summit and side band.
Handle...Dirty Harry...
Wrexham police station was known as "the stye in the sky" as it is like a tower block!

Latest posts

Back