Bourbon beer idea 👍

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alside101

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right i have an idea for a bourbon beer just thought id put it out there and see what you loverly people think. About a year ago i got an airstill and made some souther comfort like spirit from a small bottle of essance and it wasn't far off the real thing since then i have done ciders and started brewing bitter and ale kits and the otherday i went to my local B&M and bought a bottle of bourbon beer and a bottle for rum beer i really liked them and it hit me, why not use a essance in a ale kit see what comes out. I thought about just putting a bottle of jack daniels in a keg of ale bit id like to drink more than 2 pints and not end up a dribbling mess

Any thoughts on this?

Why not just add a shot of JD to your beer and see what its like. I'm guessing it ain't that nice, as I haven't seen anyone order a john smiths and Jd in the pub.

All the spirit infused beers I've had have come from barrel ageing. Can you get whisky infused oak chips from old casks and infuse your beer with those? I would say that would be a better route, otherwise just pour yourself a chaser ;-)

There's a receipe for bourbon vanilla beer in greg hughes' book. It's only £3 on Amazon if you want to buy it and there's plenty of other fantastic receipes

Yep, stout isn't it? It's on my list of ones to try.

Yes it's the stout. I wasn't at home when I posted that earlier. Just looked at the receipe and it simple says for 23L add 400ml "just before bottling". So I think you could do that with any ale. Just put 400ml in a bottling bucket. Rack your beer on top of it then just bottle as normal

Latest posts

Back