Back in the game!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Howdy brew friends

After a self imposed stay of absence from brewing and the forum I've got back in the game today with a nice big shipment from those lovely folks at HBC. Got free delivery for the order over £70 and a discount with the forum code. Boo ya!

THis time round I've got my shinola together well in advance and planned my next six brews.

First one up (hopefully a week sat) will the the English pale kit I won from those aforementioned lovely folks at HBC. Watch out for the extensive review I'll be giving as per the deal when I won it. Better late than never and I'm sure they'll benefit from the extended exposure I'll be giving them, don't you agree?

After that I'm continuing on a more British theme following last season's abundance of IPAs:

Oatmeal stout
Boddingtons clone
TT Landlord (wheeler-ish, have changed hops slightly)
A rye pale, a bit like joeyriles did
A green bullet single hop ale

Ok so not totally British but a bit more variety than previously.

And I'm not sure which order I'll do them in.p, it will depend on my mood on brew days.

Anyway, expect more loosely brewing related drivel from me over the coming months!

Big kisses!
G

That's a very strong return!

And made me think about planning some brews ahead. I'm generally ad hoc, brew,when the mood takes, make up a recipe on the spot. And sometimes have regrets afterwards.

Looking forward to your brew day reports.

After a self imposed stay of absence from brewing and the forum I've got back in the game today with a nice big shipment from those lovely folks at HBC. Got free delivery for the order over £70 and a discount with the forum code. Boo ya!

I always thought you were a regular brewer drinker due to the amount of posts you post per day, it appears i was wrong.

@ clibit, Figured it would be easier than ordering small amounts at big delivery costs...and I don't keep enough stock to ad lib

@ chippy, you were right. I stopped brewing for summer as I had no temp control and a large backlog of beer to drink (or now give away). I probably posted more than I brewed though. I only get through about 5 (ish) pints a week though. Everything in moderation, eh?

I think planning and buying what you need is a wise move. I carry too much stock! Especially hops.

I think planning and buying what you need is a wise move. I carry too much stock! Especially hops.

If you've got 30g ish of wgv I would offer you more than 30g of centennial and a bit of cascade (not sure how much) in exchange? No worries if not as I was going to use ekg as a replacement. HBC don't sell wgv which I thought was a bit odd.

I have an unopened 100g pack of wgv, you are welcome to as much as you want.

Back