Priming wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye, but it's got a handy valve at the bottom of the stick so is a lot less fiddly than messing about with a tap.

Far less opportunity for air to get mixed into the beer than filling it via a jug and funnel. Generally after the first one that works any little bubbles out of the system it fills completely silently for me - to the point that with thicker bottles I'm left wondering if there's anything going in at all!

Aye, but it's got a handy valve at the bottom of the stick so is a lot less fiddly than messing about with a tap.

Far less opportunity for air to get mixed into the beer than filling it via a jug and funnel. Generally after the first one that works any little bubbles out of the system it fills completely silently for me - to the point that with thicker bottles I'm left wondering if there's anything going in at all!
Haha, same here. I slightly push the bottle onto the valve letting the first cm of the bottle fill then open fully. Not one bubble or splash and I need a light behind the bottle to see it fill because it's silent and fast.

Latest posts

Back