brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
I didn't plan or name this i just bunged a load of grains i needed rid of into the mash tun and hopped it with First Gold which i've never used :oops:

4.5 KG maris otter
188 G munich
300 G amber
200G special b
150 G chocolate
PH 5.2
Protofloc

First Gold 8.3% 20 G 60 mins
First Gold 8.3% 58 G 15 mins

First Gold 22 G at 80c during cooling

Also rather than use the hob on the cooker to boil i installed 2 2.2 kw elements in my 5 gallon ss pot which gave a better boil than i was used to :D
I've no idea what to expect from this beer :lol: :lol:

my wasp stinger was the first random brew i ever did, and that topped my "best brew list" for a while until the next one came along :D

random brews have got to be the best :drunk:

but what i love the most, is that first sip from the fermenter while racking... where you're completely unsure of how it will taste... and then the surprise..... mmmmmmmmmmmmm beer :drink:

hope it's a goodun' mate ;)

First Gold seems a popular hop at the moment :thumb:

I'm looking forward to sampling my single hop First Gold beer in a few days/weeks ;)

A T said:
I didn't plan or name this i just bunged a load of grains i needed rid of into the mash tun and hopped it with First Gold which i've never used :oops: I've no idea what to expect from this beer :lol: :lol:

I haven't got that far yet but can see the need to use up all the bits at some point. Let us know how it turns out AT :?:

Back