Torrefied Wheat

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowMark

Reaction score
I appear to have acquired 25kg of Crushed Terrified Wheat, however, I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.

The only thing I have read is that it can be added to the mash, about 10%, to aid head retention. At my brewing rate, 25kg will last quite a time!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Many thanks

It is an adjunct so you will add it as a small portion of your grain bill like you say up to 10%.

Problem you will have is 25kg crushed wont last forever, like Clibit says you will probably never use it all as you'll probably only add 300 grams or so in a brew.

It was an incorrect delivery that was meant to be collected but hasn't been.
Thought as much that I'd never get through it.

Next question: Does anyone want some Torrefied Wheat?;-)

Can't see why not - be good if more people benefitted from my good fortune.

I assume a zip lock bag inside a Jiffy Bag should do it?

If anyone is interested in some Torrefied Wheat then postage costs are as follows:

Royal Mail Second Class.
Small Parcel 2kg £2.80
Medium Parcel 2kg £4.89

I'm hoping I could make about 2kg fit in the dimensions of a Small Parcel but fear it may go to the Medium Parcel.

If this makes financial sense to anyone then PM me and I'll post some out - would be a shame to waste it!

Afternoon All,

I have just successfully posted the first lot out - it amounted to 1.85kg of Wheat and it cost £2.80 Second Class Royal Mail.
The packing costs were nothing as I used Carrier Bags and Zip Locks acquired from the kitchen!

If anyone is interested then I'm happy to parcel some more up - I guess about a dozen parcels-worth left!
Alternatively, if you live near Bournemouth then you're welcome to collect some for free.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back