WLP 400 in this heat wave!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight concern regarding this brew now...
I just checked in on it and measured the gravity. It's still at 1030..? After five days I thought this might come down further than that. I've drained the bath now so I can slowly raise the temp towards the end of fermentation, and I used my paddle to stir it vigorously and stir the krausen back into the wort, as stated before this yeast needs a bit of a helping hand...
Any thoughts? Or does it seem to be on track?

Don't know much about this strain tbh as I don't make witbeirs but someone asked something similar in another thread and forumite came back to say that belgian type yeasts can be REALLY slow to ferment out. He was taking about weeks.

Don't know much about this strain tbh as I don't make witbeirs but someone asked something similar in another thread and forumite came back to say that belgian type yeasts can be REALLY slow to ferment out. He was taking about weeks.

Ah ok, thats interesting to know.
I figured as much to be honest, everything I've read about this strain says its very slow. No worries then, I shall stay calm and drink beer. :drink:

Also - I've just sent an email to Whitelabs asking exactly the same, when I get a response I shall c&p it on here.

Funny old stuff this yeast eh?! Its thrown up three krausens so far, they have each dropped before the next one turned up. The third one tried to escape.
Its now at 1008 which is a bit lower than expected... can I stop it attenuating?

Back